They say there’s nothing like Paris in the spring. Well, unfortunately, I don’t get to go back to Paris until August 😦 Luckily, the Book Hill neighbourhood of Georgetown is bringing a little something of a Parisian spring to its cobblestone streets with the annual Georgetown French Market! On April 23-24, stroll down Wisconsin Avenue while enjoying a crêpe or a café and peruse merchandise and treats from over 30 participating boutiques, antique shops, restaurants and galleries. Additionally, on Sunday April 24th, you can get a sneak peek into Georgetown living as some of its most beautiful homes and gardens will be open to the public for the annual Georgetown House Tour.
Among the Georgetown French Market’s offerings this year:
- Enjoy $4 sweet and savory crepes at Café Bonaparte. Get a free coffee with the purchase of a crêpe too.
- Dress up your kids like little parisian at The Magic Wardrobe which is offering up to 70% off select Bon Point, Jean Bourget and other children’s brands.
- Have lunch at Patisserie Poupon. There will be pastries, cold drinks and grilled merguez, so you know where to find me comes lunch time. Miam… merguez!
- Taste some French cheese, breads and other giveaways courtesy of the new Social Safeway.
- Browse a selection of French literature books (in both English and French) at Presse Bookstore, with 30% off select offerings.
- Refresh yourself with cold lemonade at Proper Topper while perusing their collection of spring clothing, jewelry, books and other accessories.
- Pick up a bottle of (French) wine at Bacchus Wine Cellar. All non-sparkling wine will be discounted by 20%.
- Make marionettes and enjoy other family friendly craft activities in the parking lot of the TD Bank, Wisconsin Ave. & Q St, NW.
If we can’t always have Paris, at least we’ll always have Georgetown!