The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars* thinks we should! The educational non-profit, which brings some 1,500 students to D.C. every year to participate in academic internship programs, is organizing an intern appreciation week June 10-19, 2011. Anyone interning in DC this summer can take advantage of Interns Rock! by picking up a wristband at one of two locations between June 7-10:
- Intern Movie Night with NoMa on June 15 (7PM, with the film Slumdog Millionaire starting at 9PM. For more information on NoMa’s Summer Screen series visit their website)
- $15 tickets to DC United game against the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday, June 11 (bonus: the first 10,000 fans get a free Andy Najar bobblehead courtesy of Volkswagen)
- Discounts at local eateries like MadHatter, James Hoban’s Irish Restaurant, the Diner, Tryst Coffeehouse or Funxion
- Special offers for cultural activities and museums such as the National Crime and Punishment Museum (buy one ticket get one free), Madame Tussauds (also buy one ticket get one free), Washington Walks.
- Free admission to the Newseum that week. Tickets are typically $21.95 plus tax, so this is a pretty great offer!
- Pay your age at Arena Stage. Catch For Whom Southern Belle Tolls, The Glass Menagerie, Elegy for a Rose or a Time for Kill for just $19, $20 or $21, depending on how old you are.
- A free cupcake at Sprinkles or buy one cupcake, get one free at Hello Cupcakes Barrack Row.
If you are hosting interns this summer and think they rock, spread the word in your office!